Tablet coating is a sensitive process and takes place in a controlled atmosphere inside a rotating drum.
Tablet coating is used for applying non-functional or functional coating, as well as API-layering. Applications include taste masking, smoother finish, colour modification, physical protection or to control the rate of dissolution.
PPS and Diosna supply tablet coating technology at the highest quality, ranging from lab scale to full production capacity.
Coaters can be equipped with SCADA and CFR21 part 11 compliance.
Desktop mini-lab for R&D and laboratory purpose
PPS and Diosna offer a highly flexible mini-lab which can easily be scaled up. The solution is ideal for R&D purposes and small scale productions. The mini-lab offers drying, granulating, coating, and tablet coating in one device.
- Batch sizes 500 g to 3,000 g.
- Glass components for easy process monitoring.
- A number of different applications are available to match your individual requirements.
Vertical centrifugal coater for pilot plant & small scale production
PPS and Diosna supply a flexible tablet coater with a wide range of coating methods – even of products such as micro tablets, odd shaped tablets or products of adverse flow characteristics. Owing to the use of an alternative coating technology the processing time is 50% faster compared to conventional coating.
- Batch sizes 2 kg to 15 kg.
- Ideal solution for containment applications.
- Centrically arranged spraying nozzle for even coating.
Vertical centrifugal coater for production scale batches
The tablet coater is suitable for production of larger batches and delivers efficient and accurate film-coating of tablets. The centred spraying nozzle ensures 360° coating of the tablet and significantly reduced spray losses. The alternative coating technology offers 50% faster process times compared to conventional coating.
- Batch sizes 25 kg to 150 kg.
- Fully automatic discharge.
- Available as complete containment design.
Horizontal drum coater
The horizontal drum coater is technology at the highest stage, assuring gentle processing for sensitive products and allowing applications of all types of coating, including hydrous coating, functional coating or coating of humidity-sensitive tablets.
- Batch sizes 5 kg to 500 kg.
- Optional containment design.
- Space saving “through-the-wall” installation.
PPS Service & Aftersales
Uniquely for the industry PPS has its own service department, which is of great benefit to our customers. PPS service department has specially trained technicians with the highest expertise and experience. We offer a long list of services, including:
- Installation and renovation of existing equipment.
- Design of complete solutions; everything from the requirements specifications and logistics, to execution and validation.
- Competent feedback on automation solutions or other type of production optimization.
- Installing and/or moving entire production or packaging lines.
- Training of technical personnel and operators in optimal use of the installed equipment.
- Tailor-made service and aftersales agreements for ongoing maintenance as well as assistance in case of breakdown.
In addition, PPS delivers spare parts and consumables directly to our customers from own stock. Having our own stock ensures fast and efficient delivery, which minimizes any production downtime for our customers.
If you want to know more about our service department, please contact us directly or get more information here.