Water is widely used in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry for both processing and washing and cleaning of equipment.
As natural water is not purified, it is necessary to use special equipment for treating and purifying Water for Pharmaceutical Use (WPU).
Water for pharmaceutical use is supplied by Telstar and can be categorized into three types: Purified Water (PW), Highly Purified Water (HPW), and Water For Injection (WFI).
Purified Water and Highly Purified Water
PPS and Telstar offer high quality purified water systems in full compliance with GAMP and 21 CFR part 11. Purified water is used for rinsing and cleaning, as well as in the preparation of non-sterile products, water for injection and pure steam. Key components include softened water tank, Reverse Osmosis (RO), continuous electro deionisation and ultraviolet irradiation/ultrafiltration.
- Constant monitoring of RO status.
- Flexible outputs from 100 to 1,000 litres per hour.
- Minimizes wastewater.
Water For Injection
Water For Injection (WFI) is used in the preparation of injectable medicine where water is used as a remedy to dissolve or dilute substances before injecting the medicine. The Water For Injection system by Telstar is manufactured according to GAMP and ISO 9001 regulations.
- Advanced control system showing operational state in real time.
- Compact and modular design.
- Wide range of optional features and accessories for individual customization.
PPS Service & Aftersales
Uniquely for the industry PPS has its own service department, which is of great benefit to our customers. PPS service department has specially trained technicians with the highest expertise and experience. We offer a long list of services, including:
- Installation and renovation of existing equipment.
- Design of complete solutions; everything from the requirements specifications and logistics, to execution and validation.
- Competent feedback on automation solutions or other type of production optimization.
- Installing and/or moving entire production or packaging lines.
- Training of technical personnel and operators in optimal use of the installed equipment.
- Tailor-made service and aftersales agreements for ongoing maintenance as well as assistance in case of breakdown.
In addition, PPS delivers spare parts and consumables directly to our customers from own stock. Having our own stock ensures fast and efficient delivery, which minimizes any production downtime for our customers.
If you want to know more about our service department, please contact us directly or get more information here.