Redcube and Redcube+ – compact print modules from Hapa
Redcube from Hapa is a compact, digital UV Inkjet printmodule that uses UV ink that are hardened using a LED UV lamp and are free of solvents. Redcube can be integrated into any production process and can print graphics files, variable data, 2D matrix codes, symbols and barcodes on most materials when passed past the print head on a conveyor belt or as part of the packaging process.
Print photo quality at high speed
With a Hapa Redcube you can print in photo quality directly on lacquered and unpainted materials and components of many different materials such as plastic and metal at very high speed. The print is durable as well as temperature and moisture resistant and approved for use in both food and pharma applications.
PPS can integrate Hapa Redcube into a ready-made solution, or we can implement a Redcube in existing or new machines. We offer standard solutions where we print at speeds of up to 1500 plastic lids per min or labels with 60 m/min in full 4 color and with variable data and individualized artwork on each item.
Print technology with many options
There is now finally a fully digital alternative to the old-fashioned analog tampon print technology, which even prints in both a much higher quality and speed. Another great advantage of UV inkjet is that printing is done in the 4 basic CMYK colors, and based on these 4 colors, photographic color photos can be printed or most of the pantone color scale can be generated. If there are individual colors that cannot be generated or additional features are required such as ink that is only visible under UV light, Hapa print engines can be suuplied with up to 7 color channels.
Hapa Redcube uses Piezoelectric drop-on-demand (DOD) technology. This technology makes it possible to use a wide variety of ink types, as no heat is used in the printing process. Instead, the ink droplets are controlled by a crystal which, when applied with electric voltage, acts as a valve. This allows the print module to control different sizes of ink droplets down to 6 picoliters which gives a very high visual resolution in the finished print.
Hapa Redcube is a 1-color ultra-compact solution that can easily be integrated on existing equipment or new solutions. Hapa Redcube+ can be delivered from 2-6 colors and in various combinations of color channels and LED pinning and enables printing in full photo quality with a linear spped of 60 m/min.
5 key requirements you will be able to meet by implementing a Hapa Redcube.
Hapa Redcube is easy to install, economical to maintain and efficient to use. A solution with Hapa Redcube is ideal for pharma manufacturers and packaging companies who want to implement or improve processes to meet five key requirements:
- Ability to print and mark at all levels of package components to protect the authenticity of the product.
- Late stage customization
- Redcube prints all text and graphics in one go, making it possible to print directly on pre-produced packages and directly in the production process. Late stage customization production reduces line changeover and downtime.
- Track & Trace
- Ability to print on all levels of package components to use Track & Trace solutions and thereby protect consumers of the end product as well as brand image.
- Variable data printing
- The full digital Redcube achieves “the highest barcode grading and small-marking footprint”.
- Real time packaging information
- With Hapa Redcube you can easily print QR codes and other data matrices directly on items and it can print more data in less space at high production speeds.